You may not see eye disease coming.
It's worth a closer look.
Good eye health and vision is a key factor for living a healthy and happy life. With our strong focus on eye health and vision care services we want to help you maintain your Vision For Life.
At Eye & I, we are able to perform comprehensive eye examinations from infants to adults.
Babies and younger children learn more about the world with their eyes than all of their other senses combined. As optometrists with a passion for children’s vision, we have specialist children-friendly equipment and special services to detect and manage your child’s vision problems. Lazy eyes, turned eyes, binocular vision and ocular health problems are all conditions that we can detect early and treat.
The teenage years and early adulthood are often times when vision problems first arise.
Blurriness of vision, eye fatigue or discomfort, and headaches are all signs that there may be changes to your eyes.
This may be the first time when vision correction is required. Whether it be glasses, contact lenses or vision therapy with eye exercises, we can prescribe what is needed to treat your symptoms.
More than simply prescribing glasses and contact lenses, we can assess your lifestyle and other factors that may be contributing to your vision problem and possibly slow down or stop these changes altogether.
Vision for Life - Good eye health
As we age, we may start to experience other changes to our vision.
You may be experiencing difficulty with your near vision, have problems with bright lights and glare, or have dry eyes.
Serious eye conditions such as glaucoma, macular degeneration, cataract and diabetes also become more common.
We can detect many conditions in their early stages and help you to maintain your quality of life.
Vision problems can occur at any age. Having a regular eye test from a young age can help you to maintain your best Vision For Life.
- Whether it be that special look for an occasion, a sporting activity or simply the flexibility, convenience and freedom from glasses, contact lenses can let you be you.
- Myopia, or short-sightedness, is the most common vision problem in the world. In Australia, 35% of people are currently short-sighted and this is expected to increase to 50% by 2050.
- Orthokeratology, or Ortho-K, is a specialist contact lens procedure that allows you to see clearly during the day without vision correction. With Ortho-K, we can design specially made lenses for you to wear at night while you sleep.
- Vision is not just about seeing clearly. It is also about having comfortable, long-lasting and efficient vision. Tired eyes, eyestrain, blurred or double vision, and headaches are all signs that may indicate that your eyes are not working efficiently.
- Much of what a child learns is through their eyes. As important as it is that a child sees well, vision is also about integrating their vision with their other skills.